Students love to hear from family and friends who are reading our blogs. Please follow these blogging guidelines.
- When commenting, students should only use their first name. Please do not give out any personal info such as address, phone number, etc.
- We would love to have comments from parents and other family members! Examples: Tommy Smith’s mom can comment as Mrs. Smith or Tommy’s mom. His grandmom might comment as Mrs. Jones, Tommy’s Grandmom. If a sibling is commenting, they can leave their name as Mary, John’s sister.
- All posts will be approved by Mrs. Schmidt before they will be visible to others on the blog. Please be respectful of the feelings of others when leaving a comment.
- Students, please ask mom or dad for permission before posting a comment to our blog. Have someone proofread your comment before you submit it.
Directions for commenting on our blog:
- Click on the title of the post that you want to comment on.
- Scroll down until you see the “Leave a Comment” section.
- Fill in your name.
- You will be asked for your email address. If you fill it in, it will not be shown publicly, only to the blog administrator (Mrs. Schmidt). It is not necessary for you to fill in an email to leave a comment.
- You will also need to add in the “Anti Spam” word.
- Write your comment in the box and click “Summit.”
- Your comment WILL NOT be visible right away. An email will be sent to Mrs. Schmidt first so she can check it. If the comment is OK then she will approve it and it will go live.
How to write a GOOD comment.
- Write your comment like a letter starting off with Dear…
- Compliment the writer in a specific way, add some information relevant to the post, and/or ask a question.
- Check your post for correct punctuation and spelling before you submit it.
Here is a video that Mrs. Yollis’ Class from Califormia made to teach us how to write good quality comments.