Visitor Comment Page

Hi! If this is your first time visiting our blog, please leave us a comment. We would like to read about you and where you are from. We love to learn about people from other states and countries! Please let us know what you like about our blog.

42 thoughts on “Visitor Comment Page

1. Enjoyed reading your 3rd grade blog and everything you are doing. Very exciting.
    Denise Maher
    Drew Sweitzer’s Grandmom

• What a great job you have done since my last visit. I can only imagine what you will be doing by the time you are in 8th grade.
      God bless,
      Mrs. Di

2. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

Well, I was in Boston, MA and Portland, ME this week. The weather was a bit rainy. Boston, MA is a city full of American history. Can you guess what “party” took place on December 16th, 1773 in Boston?

I’ll check back next time I am traveling.

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s dad)

3. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius!

Well, I am in Scottsdale, Arizona this week (I wonder if you can find it on the class website map). Scottsdale is located in a part of Arizona called the Valley of the Sun. The highest recorded temperature was 122 degrees. Can you guess how many days of sunshine Scottsdale boasts every year?

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s Dad)

4. The Boston “tea party” took place in 1773. It took place because the people of Boston thought that the tea was to expensive. They threw the tea into the water. By doing that they showed that they were angry.

5. What are you going to ask for Christmas.And also what would you do if you were an elf or Santa? If you were a superstar what would you do for Christmas.

6. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

Well, this week brought me to California. I was in Los Angeles, Monterey and San Francisco. I hope those dots show up on the map. Caifornia is the largest State in the US as measured by population. It is also famous for other other things too. Can you think of what they might be? (Hint: Seismic activity).

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s Dad)

7. Hi Mrs. Schmidt, Drew & everyone in the 3rd Grade Class at St. Ignatius!

Your blog is fantastic! I am writing from San Francisco, California. The weather here is a bit chilly, but not as cold as it is in Pennsylvania at this time of year. The time is different too…can you guess what time it is in California when you are arriving at school? I am probably still in bed at that time 🙂

Have a great day!

Erin Maher
    (Drew Sweitzer’s Aunt)

8. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

This week brings me to Dallas, Texas (and no snow). Dallas is a very large city and quite spread out. Dallas requires many municipal services; one of which is the Dallas Public Works Department – which is also one of the largest public works departments in the USA. Do you know what type of services they would provide to the city of Dallas?

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s Dad)

9. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

Well, this week brings me to Miami, Florida with palm trees and sun. The city of Miami is known for both its cultural and ethnic diversity. Can you guess what is the largest ethnic group that lives in and around the City? (Hint: Mateo’s paternal grandparents come from this country.)

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s Dad)

10. Hey gus I’m just leaving my house to go to the
    airport .Am gonna miss St.Ignatius . I will go on the blog when I go to Turcks and Caicos

11. Hello Year Three,
    You have been so busy. You are lucky to have been in contact with so many schools using Skype. Your new notebooks look great, too.
    The floods in Australia have not been near Wollongong, so your ePals have not had any problems. It is strange that while you are having a lot of snow, we are having very, very hot days here. I will let your ePals from last year know that you have not been able to get to school sometimes, due to the snow.
    Best wishes for 2011 from Mrs T in Australia

12. Hey guys I’m in Turks and Caicos and I finally got to ride on the banana boat. It was so much fun that at the end as we turned back to the dock, the boat’s wake created a huge wave and drenched us. The island is beautiful and has many visitors from many different countries. Turks and Caicos is comprised of a series of islands, most of them uninhabitable. We are going snorkeling today to find conch and various sea species. Miss you guys and see you soon.

Mateo

13. Dear Mrs. Schmidt and Class,

This is Nico’s dad writing from Terrassa, Spain where I am on a business trip. Keep up the great work everyone! It’s wonderful that you have this nice blog.

Kind regards,
    Paul Valerio

14. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

Well, this week brings me to Denver, Colorado. Denver has a magnificent mountain range called the Rocky Mountains. Denver’s nickname is the Mile High City – because the city’s elevation is a mile above sea level. Can you guess how many feet Denver is above sea level?

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s dad)

15. Hi Third Grade!
    I like your landform glogs. I am going to use them to help teach my first graders about landforms.
    I see you got to skype with my home state Michigan! I moved here when I was 4, so I don’t remember it.
    Have a great day!
    Mrs. Hastings

16. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

Well, this week brings me to Detroit, Michigan. The city of Detroit has a proud history of hard-working citizens. Do you know what industry Detroit is most known for economically and historically? (Hint: they have combustible engines)

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s dad)

17. Last week we Skyped with a class in a suburb of Detroit! They didn’t mention this exactly but they did tell us about a famous person born there who started this industry…

18. Boys and Girls,
    It is so exciting to see all the technology that you are learning to use. You are going to be very ready for junior high. Think of all the people you are meeting with the skypeing.
    Keep up the great work!
    Mrs. Di

19. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

Well, this week brings me to St. Louis, MO and Springfield, IL. The city of Springfield was home to a US President. Can you guess which one?

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s dad)

20. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

Well today brings me to Montreal, Canada. Montreal is located in the Province of Quebec. Montreal is quite a diverse city. Do you know what is the official language of Montreal and the Province of Quebec?

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s dad)

21. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

Well this week brings me to Seattle, WA and Portland, OR. Seattle has a wonderful view of snow capped mountains. Do you know the name of the tallest mountain in the Pacific Northwest?

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s dad)

22. Hello Mrs. Schmidt and the 3rd grade St. Ignatius Class!

Well this week brings me to Toronto, Ontario in Canada. Boy, you sure collected a lot of dots on your cluster map.

This is my last post before the end of your school year. So, no more questions, just wishing all of you a great summer.

Thank you Mrs. Schmidt for putting this visitor page together; it was fun to post and read all the other comments.

Sincerely,

Alex Blanco (Mateo’s dad)

23. Mrs. Schmidt’s third grade is the place to be! Love all the science experiments and seeing the kids in action (especially the Oobleck!)

I look forward to seeing what else is in store this year!

24. Dear,mateo
    We hope you had a good flight when you were going to turcks where you ok?
    Hope you have a nice time.

25. My name is rohan and this is my blog partner peter and this term we are learning about robin hood and there is a mean sheriff and robi is a good guy and he is destroying the sheriffs plot robin and his gang are helping him by. Uk